Saturday, January 30, 2010

Super Saturday

2 days missed. Ooops.
The first day I forgot until after my computer was turned off. Last night, my computer battery died before I could get it plugged in. You didn't miss much.
Today (Saturday) was Chuncheon Adventure day. Chuncheon is a town that is a two hour train ride away from Seoul. It's really nice to get out of the city from time to time. I went there last September with Hannah and Karen (coworkers). This time, there were 9 of us. It was a day full of different modes of transportation. Starting from the beginning I took:
Subway, Bus, Subway, Train, Bus, Taxi, Ferry, Ferry, Bus, Train, Subway, Bus Subway.
It was nearly a palindrome of motorized vehicles. :)
After taking the train to Chuncheon, we started to take a bus to a lake, but the bus was far over crowded and continued to lurch violently. We opted to get out and take cabs. The lake was set in the "mountains." They're a bit smaller than the Black Hills...or so it appears to my untrained eye. It was lovely to see snow on the mountains and not be trapped in by tall white apartment buildings that all look the same. We took a ferry across the lake and walked up the mountain a bit to a Buddhist temple. I'll put some photos up on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment