Wednesday, January 13, 2010

It Must Be The Culture Shock

It's merely 9am, and I'm full of angst again. Ok, less full than I was even 15 minutes ago due to some much needed journaling and a little bit of prayer.
It seems I may be the victim of the stages of culture shock. I've gone from elated to depressed to angry...and I worry this anger may lead once again to depression. I think I thought because I wanted to live abroad more than anything, more than anyone, I would be immune to it. How naive I often am.
One thing I need to remember is that no matter what, God is still God. I am still me. He still loves me madly, and he still has a plan for me-the same plan. Thank God His plan doesn't waver according to my moods (or thoughts toward this plan)
After my angsty filled blog last night and a good nights rest, I saw myself heading down a road (the angst leads to anger leads to depression road) that I don't want to go down...again.
My prayer is to be filled with the fruits of the Holy Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, self-control (let me know if I forgot one or two). It is He who must fill me with these things. I am so incapable alone.

Greater is He who is in me than He that is in the world. Thank God.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how to change my time settings yet. It's actually January 14th at 9:00am.

    ReplyDelete