Monday, February 1, 2010

DMZ Preview

Yesterday, I stared across at the most gaurded border in the entire world. I stared out at a country where things like food and heat are nearly non-existant. Then I came home, sat on my comfortable warm bed and watched The Simpsons until I fell asleep. Remind me to count my blessings. Twice.
Yesterday, I went to the DMZ. I will blog more about this tomorrow, because I want to give it adequate representation. However, here is a snippet. DMZ stands for De-militarized Zone. It is the 4km span between North and South Korea where no one in the world is allowed. The actual De-markation point, which follows the 38th parrallel is in the center, with the North controling the northern 2km and the South controlling the Southern 2km. There is an outpost directly on either end of this zone, with heavily armed soldiers gaurding it 24/7. It was a terribly bleak place, and yet there is so much hope amongst Koreans for the re-unification of their nation. I ate lunch in re-unification village, crossed re-unification bridge and walked on the bridge of freedom. Here is a link to my photos of the day on facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=145836&id=584949759&l=a9772e2faf

No comments:

Post a Comment